The following procedure describes how to configure an adapter. Repeat the process if the system has additional adapters.
From the Management Console
- Select Configuration > Network > Adapters > Adapters. The Adapters pane displays.
- Select an adapter from the Adapter drop-down list.
- Set the Interfaces field to Interface 0 or the pass-through card. For more information about pass-through cards, please refer to the Configuration and Management Guide (CMG) for your version of SGOS. The CMGs are located at https://bto.bluecoat.com/documentation/pubs/ProxySG
- Enter the IP address and subnet mask for the adapter.
- (Optional) To configure link settings, restrict inbound connections, or set up browser proxy behavior for the adapter, click Settings. Enter any changes and click Ok to close the Settings dialog.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
From the CLI:
At the (config) command prompt, enter the following commands:
where interface_number is 0, 1, or n, up to one number less than the number of interface cards in the system.
SGOS#(config interface interface_#)ip-address
SGOS#(config interface interface_#)subnet-mask
SGOS#(config interface interface_#)exit
NOTE: For additional information about the pass-through adapter, please see the CMG.