When HTML graph data in the Report application is large, exported PDF reports might not display all of the values. PDF reports are restricted to 8.5 x 11" printable pages, which restricts the amount of available space to display report data. This is especially true for the Dashboard reports, but can be be the case for any report--it is common for only the first ten entries to be displayed.
To duplicate symptoms:
- Log in to Reporter as an admin.
- Load a database and navigate to the Dashboard.
- Add all Bandwidth widgets to the Dashboard.
- In a Reporter, click Edit and select a chart option.
- Export the report to PDF and compare it with the Dashboard HTML report.
- The PDF graph will be reset back to the default choice.
- With large datasets, not all the graph data will be shown in the exported PDF.
Reporter 184.108.40.206 fixes a known issue in v9.1.x and v9.2.x: the graphs did not display data in the same order. The Acrobat Reader (PDF) issue, however, still occurs. Also, see 000015717 for a similar limitation associated with Acrobat Reader.
Blue Coat might address the exporting issue in a future release.