This is caused by restrictive IPTABLES rules in the Reporter Linux environment that prevent passive FTP connections from being established.
To permanently allow passive FTP connections perform the following steps:
- Log into the Reporter Linux CLI through SSH on port 22 with the "root" username
- Run the command "vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config"
- Press the "i" key on your keyboard to enter vi INSERT mode
- Edit the IPTABLES_MODULES="" line to read IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp ip_nat_ftp"
- Press the ESC key on your keyboard and type in ":wq" to save the file and exit out of the vi text editor
- Run the command "/etc/init.d/iptables restart"
After these steps are completed, log into the Reporter web GUI and reload the FTP log source.
At this point, passive FTP connections will be allowed and the log source will operate correctly.
NOTE: Please ensure your Reporter version is at least 184.108.40.206 as there was a related bug in Reporter 220.127.116.11 with FTP log sources
See the following article for more information on the related bug: 000009575