If ProxyClient is failing to start up correctly, you can still collect diagnostic data from it. Follow the procedure below to obtain detailed diagnostic data form a ProxyClient that is failing to start up fully.
- Launch "regedit" on WinPC, and add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blue Coat Systems\Proxy Client\EnableDebugTrace" to 0xFFFFFFFF.
(Note the type of this registry key is a DWORD)
- Reboot the machine.
- ## Reproduce the problem ##
- Open ProxyClient.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Diagnostic Tools area, select More.
- Under Support trace, click Stop Trace.
The link changes to “Start Trace”.
- Go into the ProxyClient install directory, usually C:\Program Files\Blue Coat\ProxyClient.
- Double-click ProxyClientDC.exe.
- Have the customer select option 2 to send detailed diagnostics to Tech Support using the SR number.
- In the WinXP Event Viewer, save the "Application" and "System" logs as *.evt files.
- Upload the log files to us by email or https://upload.bluecoat.com.