The Passthru cards in the latest ProxySG models are programmable and can be managed in SGOS.
To disable the bridge:
- In the Management Console, select Configuration > Network > Adapters > Bridges.
- In the Bridge Name section, select the bridge you want to configure.
- Click Edit. The Edit Bridge dialog displays.
- Select Disabled to disable the bridge. This will make the interface function as a normal NIC card.
Additional Information about bridge mode options*:
- Disabled - Disables the bridge and allows the adapter ports to be reused as NICs or as part of another bridge.
- Fail Open - If the ProxySG appliance fails, all traffic passes through the bridge so clients can still receive data.
- Fail Closed - If the ProxySG appliance fails, all traffic is blocked and service is interrupted.
*This feature is only available for programmable bridge cards.