To generate a diagnostic file in Reporter 9, in the GUI go to Administration -> System Diagnostics -> and enter the Service Request number in the "SR Number" field and press "Upload."
If the Reporter server does not have direct access to the internet, or if you use an explicit proxy for your Internet access the above will fail. (To configure Reporter to use your Proxy, please see the "Explicit Proxy Settings" note at the bottom of this document) In this case, obtain the reporterdiags.zip file from the Reporter install directory and upload it to https://upload.bluecoat.com. This process can also be used when the Reporter service has failed.
The default Reporter 9 install directories are as follows:
- "C:\Program Files\Blue Coat Reporter 9\"
NOTE: The reporterdiags.zip file can also be created while Reporter is not running. To do so, navigate to the root of your Reporter installation (see above for default root install folders), run bcrdiagnostics (it will have an .exe extension in Windows), enter in your SR number and press return. If your server does not have direct Internet access, the upload will fail, but the zip file will be generated in the root install directory regardless.
Explicit proxy settings:
For those customers who use a explicit proxy connection, follow these steps.
- Login with your admin account, and naviagate to the administration section of the UI.
- Click on the "General settings" tab.
- Click on "System Settings > External Servers > Proxy Servers.
- Click on the box to '"Enable Explicit Proxy" settings, and fill out the template with your IP address, username and password and port number.