By default the journals are kept in a folder, off the root install folder for Reporter.
The default install folders
- For LINUX, that folder would be opt/bc/reporter/journal
- For Windows, that folder would be <installed drive>\Program Files\Bluecoat Reporter 9\journal
Journals are rotated once their size reaches the size of about 5,212 KB. Once this trigger is reached, a new journal is generated. The journal named indicates the date, and time it was created.
NOTE: There is no way to manually trigger a rotation.
Journals can be configured for a non-default location, of your choice, by navigating to this place in the User interface:
- Login to Reporter, with you Admin account, and navigate to the the Administration section of the the user interface.
- Click on the General settings tab.
- Click on System settings, and expand it.
- Click on the option "Directories".
- Here you can change the journals folder, which is called "System Event Log Directory"
NOTE: The new journal will not be created un till a Reporter service restart is triggered.
NOTE: For information on how to read the journals, in Reporter, see 000014639