- Turn off discovery on both unit by entering the command "setup discover off"
- FTP the config.ldi file to a local workstation. The config.ldi file is found in the PacketShapers 9.256/cfg directory.
- FTP the config.ldi file into the root of the partner’s PacketShapers flash drive. (9.256/)
NOTE: You can also use the PacketShapers File Browser to download and upload the config.ldi file.
- Open up a HTTP connection to both PacketShapers. On the first unit. Click on the Info Page. At the Info Page, under utilities, you will see a Tab Labeled File Browser. Click on this Tab.
- Click on the 9.256 Directory
- Click on the CFG folder
- Rightclick on the Config.ldi File and bring it down to your Work Station.
- Go to the Info Tab of the Second Unit and Click on the File Browser.
- Select the 9.256/ Directory.
- Click on the upload tab at the top.
- Browse to your local workstation directory and select the “config.ldi” file to upload.
- Once the file has been uploaded, open up a SSH/Telnet session and continue to follow the instructions on step 4.
4. You can confirm that the file has been placed into the root directory by using the command “ls –l”
5. Reset the class tree on the PacketShaper with the new config.ldi file with the command "class reset"
6. Load the config.ldi file using the “class load confid.ldi” command.
7. After running the command, both PacketShapers should have identical class trees.