First, install the Bloomberg client as detailed in the attached PDF. Once it's installed, you need to get a trial key from Bloomberg TAC; see details in PDF.
Make sure that the Bloomberg client is configured as follows:
This is all you need to do on the Bloomberg client.
- In the Management Console, select Configuration > Services > Proxy Services > Socks and set intercept on port 1080 (explicit).
- Leave the Socks Proxy settings at default (Configuration > Proxy Settings > Socks Proxy).
- In the VPM, create a Web Access layer and name it something like Bloombery Web Access. Create the following rules:
Source ANY, Destination ANY, Service TCP tunneling over SOCKS, Action ALLOW
Source ANY, Destination ANY, Service ALL SOCKS, Action ALLOW
- This ia an optional step ( SOCKS compression may need to be disabled in some cases. The CPL policy should include the line socks.accelerate (no).) In the policy file, insert the following code:
- Set up a Web Authentication layer with rule 1 set to the following object as pictured below:
- Next create a SOCKS Authentication layer as pictured below:-
- Create object to authenticate the user against their authentication Realm
Also see the following related articles:
Please read attached Word document for detailed explanation of how bloombery client works.
*****Setting up the Bloomberg client is beyond the scope of this KB although following the instructions above should produce a working client********