When the Client Connector is installed using a password, it is not possible for an end user to uninstall it, even if they have local administrator privileges to their machine. If a password is used to install the client, the same password is needed to uninstall.
To install the Client Connector using a password:
Launch the wizard:
Open a command window, navigate to the directory that contains the Client Connector installer and execute the following command, which is the installer name plus the option:
ClientInstaller[32 | 64]-version_number.msi SUP=mypassword
Entering this command launches the Client Connector installation wizard.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard. Select a directory for installation. Click Next.
- Click Install. The Client Connector Installation begins.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- The Installer Information dialog displays. Click Yes to reboot the computer. When the system reboots, it connects to the ThreatPulse service and begins intercepting Web-bound traffic. The Client Connector icon displays in the system tray.
To UNINSTALL the Client Connector using the same password:
1. Follow step #1 of the installation instructions to launch the wizard using the install password
2. Follow the prompts in the wizard then select 'Remove'
3. Click the Remove button at the bottom of the wizard
4. Once the wizard has completed the uninstall, click 'Finish'
5. Reboot the PC