Yes, you can automate the upload process and execute it at a scheduled time. Use the steps below to automate the process.
- The ProxySG appliance must be configured as an FTP client.
- You must have the Plink utility. It comes with the PuTTy package.
Note: If you have multiple ProxySG appliances, you can use the Blue Coat Director to manage the ProxySG appliances and schedule jobs to automate configuration backups.
Step 1: Create a text file (ex: SshCommandsFile.txt) with the following CLI commands. Replace the Enable_Password text below with the enable password configured on your ProxySG appliance.
Step 2: Create a windows batch file (ex: upload_config.bat) and copy the following text. Replace the text adminusername with the adminpass with the administrator credentials for the FTP server.
Plink –ssh –l adminusername –pw adminpass –m SshCommandsFile.txt
Step 3: Schedule a task to run the batch file as needed.
For example to schedule a daily task on Windows 7:
- Start "Task Scheduler".
- Set Actions as "start a program" and browse to the batch file (ex: upload_config.bat).
- Set triggers as "on a schedule" , and set the desired time.
- Enter the proper credentials when prompted.
· Appropriate file permissions need to be configured to protect the passwords.
· It is helpful to have task results, by adding argument (>> logs.log) to task action properties.
· It is much easier if you add Putty folder to windows environments variable (PATH)
· Absolute path to the files locations could be specified as:
C:\ Putty\plink.exe –ssh –l adminusername –pw adminpass –m C:\Putty\SshCommandsFile.txt