The DNS lookup restriction list is a list of domain names that apply globally, regardless of policy layer definitions. Once a domain name is added to the list, DNS lookup requests do not occur for that domain name while policy is evaluated. To create or modify the DNS Lookup Restriction list:
- From the VPM menu bar, select Configuration > Set DNS Lookup Restrictions; the Set DNS lookup restrictions dialog appears. The default is None; no domain names are restricted.
- To restrict every domain name, select All.
- To add specific domain names, perform the following steps.
- Select Listed Host Patterns. This enables the Host Patterns field.
- Click Add; the Add Host Pattern dialog appears.
- Enter a domain name; click OK.
- Repeat to add other domain names.
- Click OK.