The ProxyAV or ProxySG with the Blue Coat Web Filter (BCWF) are configured with the IP address of 22.214.171.124 in the download address field of the appliance instead of a DNS name. Because the address is hard coded, the ProxyAV and ProxySG will not be able to download update files.
Blue Coat relocated a legacy data center, resulting in updated IP addresses.
Blue Coat Web Filter - Content Filtering
Resolution: Reset the download URL to use the default download location.
- Go to the Management Console > Configuration tab > Content Filtering
- Select the desired Content Filter Database provider
- Click the "Set to Default" button
AV Pattern Files
Resolution: Force a full update of the AV pattern files.
- In the ProxyAV management console select "Antivirus"
- Under "Action", check "Force Update"
- Click "Update"
Blue Coat's legacy data center will be fully decommissioned on Monday, September 29, 2008. Any appliances that are hard-coded to this IP address will not receive updates.
If you require any more information, please contact your support provider.