The Reporter software does not start with a pre-defined list of categories, but builds this list up as it processes each access log. If none of your access logs have shown a category, it will not show in the drop down list as a category to filter on. In other words, some less uses categories, may never show in this list, because no one from your organization has visited a website with such a category.
To access your list, follow these steps:
- Login to Reporter with your user id.
- Load your chosen database.
- Run any Reporter.
- Click on "Report Options"/
- Use 'Add criteria' to add in the category filter.
- On the right, click on the drop down, to see the list your Reporter server has.
Here is the list of categories from a single access log:
NOTE1: For more information on other filter fields like this, see 000015028 and 000016394
NOTE2: For a complete list of categories that Bluecoat Webfilter has, see BCWF.