Regarding the "5V Regulator Status Bad" and/or "Bad bat reg" message you are encountering on your unit, please see below:
- This is a cosmetic warning that has no impact on a running unit.
- The warning simply indicates that the battery has fallen below a certain voltage.
- The battery is used to keep the time current when the unit is power cycled or powered off.
- A weakened battery will still keep time, but eventually will need to be replaced as it loses power and dies.
- A unit with a dead battery or no battery at all will still boot and function normally. The time though will have to be set on the unit at every reboot.
A unit with a dead battery will still have the correct time when re-booted if a time server (SNTP) is enabled. Reference: https://bto.bluecoat.com/packetguide/current/reference/cli/setupsntp.htm
If your unit has a hardware support contract, Blue Coat can send you a replacement battery for your unit with written instructions for installation. Please create a service request online or call Technical Support with the following information.
Shipping Address: (We do not ship to P.O. Boxes)