To solve this problem, access the Director CLI using a serial console connection or an SSH client and issue the following commands:
- Go into Shell mode.
director > en
director # conf t
director # shell
- Obtain the ouput from the following command:
sh- 3.2 # chkconfig --list postgresql
- If the output from Step 2 displays as the following:
postgresql 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off
Go to Step 4, otherwise go to Step 5.
- Run the following command:
sh- 3.2 # chkconfig postgresql on
- Reboot your Director 510 appliance.
- Clear your Java cache and the Web broswer cache, and launch the Director Management Console.
If you are still unable to launch the Director Management Console, capture the debug logs and /etc/httpd and call support and reference this article.
Then, execute the following commands to regain access to the Director Management Console. (Note: This is an interim workaround; the engineering team is working on a fix for this issue.)
sh- 3.2 # service director stop
sh- 3.2 # service director start
sh- 3.2 # exit
director # exit