Make sure that when you get a ProxySG 510 after March 1, 2009 that you run at least the following versions of SGOS:
- SGOS 184.108.40.206, or later
- SGOS 220.127.116.11, or later
- SGOS 18.104.22.168, or later
- SGOS 22.214.171.124, or later
- SGOS versions such as 5.4.x, 5.5.x, and 6.x all have support for the newer hard drives.
Existing ProxySG 510 systems
Replacement drives through the RMA process: Through February 1, 2010, Blue Coat will supply replacement drives through our RMA process that will work with existing versions of SGOS.
As of February 1, 2010, all disk drives shipped through Blue Coat's RMA process will require the updated versions of SGOS. Those proxy administrators who are running existing SG510 systems should prepare to upgrade to one of the supported releases prior to February 1, 2010.
Q1: Does my new ProxySG 510 have a new or old hard drive?
A1: This depends on when the SG510 was manufactured, or if the 320GB SATA drive is repaired.
- The "old" drive model numbers for SG510s are Seagate ST3300622AS (300GB) or ST3320620AS (320GB). The new drive model number is SG3320613AS (320GB)
- The RMA process will ship the 320GB drive to replace failed 300GB or 320GB drives
- Units that ship after February 15, 2009 will ship with the new 320GB SATA drive.
- Through February 1, 2010, Blue Coat will supply replacement drives through our RMA process that will work with existing versions of SGOS.
Q2: What version of SGOS is currently being used?
A2: You can identify the OS that is currently installed with the following methods:
- Through the Management Console (https://<ip.address.of.proxysg>:8082 )
- Select the Maintenance tab > Upgrade > Systems
- Click the "Details" button next to the system for which you want to view information
- Using the CLI, at the command prompt, type: SGOS_prompt> show installed-systems
Q3: What platforms are affected?
A3: Note: These include the model prefix (i.e. model SG510-25-M5 is listed as SG510-25)
|Affected models||Models not affected|
|SG510-5||All other non-SG510 platforms|
UPDATE FOR PROXYAV 510-A AND DIRECTOR 510 (Updated February 16, 2011)
As of May 27, 2010, the ProxyAV 510-A and Director 510 began shipping with the 320 GB hard drive. For ProxyAV, please use AVOS 3.2.x or newer. For Director, please use SGME 5.4.x or later.